Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

First July quilt done

It's quilted and on it's way home to South Carolina.  I hope the owner likes the designs on it as much as I do. 




Starting with the corner blocks.  It's hard to see the stitching on the floral fabric in the front photos.




A better view from the back.




Now the borders.




The view from the back. 




The pieced squares got line dancing.




The view from the back.




The solid blocks from the front.




The solid blocks from the back.




Our mailman/lady delivers mail around five thirty or six o'clock each day.  This quilt should arrive on Tuesday.  I have a couple of days before I must start the next quilt.  I'm taking the extra time to get a few ME projects worked on.  Starting with some paperwork.



This started as a hunt for a receipt and ended up as a filing session.  Why waste the opportunity?  That's done and can be marked off my to do list.  (smile)  On to the next ME project......  start early, get lots done. 

3 comments:

lw said...

I love that quilt, it looks so fresh and happy. Plus, the quilting is so pretty you can use both sides.

kathi said...

AWESOME quilting. wow. WOW. just shows me how i NEED more ME time to even BEGIN to practice SO VERY MUCH. good news. i am only 3 QUILTS behind.. all were due June. so. GETTING CLOSER.

Quiltin' LibraryLady said...

I just HATE paperwork. Too bad our world revolves around it.