Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

What's this?

..
Do you know what this is? I found it in the trash at a convenient store a couple of years ago. I don't know for sure why I picked it up at the time but I did find a good use for it.


Here is what it is. A cigarette lighter display case.


This is what I use it for after bringing it home.


The bobbins for my Bernina machine fit perfectly in it. I could have spent money on one of those plastic kind at a fabric store. Why spend money when this works just as well. It also fits perfectly in a small plastic drawer unit I keep by my machine.


As you can see, I keep several bobbins wound and ready to use. I have some in neutrals but I also wind bobbins when a cone for the quilting machine is very nearly empty. Not enough to do another quilt but plenty for keeping bobbins filled and ready for charity quilt piecing.

By the way, did you know you can wind a bobbin with the domestic machine at the same time you are sewing? I figured if my quilting machine could do that, why not my Bernina? If you take another look at your own domestic machine you may find a way to wind bobbins and sew at the same time too.

Now if only.....I could find four or five of these lighter cases that would fit my quilting machine M size bobbins.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That's really clever!