Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Monday, November 19, 2007

Creative Sunday

No finished quilt today. It's turning out to be a more than one day quilt. It has very friendly borders (wave a lot) and the batting is Sew Perfect brand which does not want to behave for machine quilting. I did get the outside borders done and its all stabilized. I should be able to finish it today.


I seem to have had lady luck on my side yesterday. I was quilting along all day without a single thread break until near the end of the day. The thread broke.....so naturally.....I first check to see what may have caused the break. Sometimes the thread will come off the cone and somehow get caught on the back side handle. I always look there first before pulling extra thread to re thread the needle. Look what I saw....


The thread break had occurred just as the cone ran out of thread. This is the very tail end of an empty cone. I didn't have to go through the whole process of re threading along the thread path and re checking tension. All I had to do was put on a fresh cone, tie on, and pull through the guides to the needle. I sure wish lady luck would be with me when I pick my next lottery numbers!

Sunday is usually a day of rest for me and for spending time with my daughter. She and I went out for some baby stuff shopping. We kept having to find a place for a bathroom break. My daughter said it felt like every five minutes the baby was taking it's little hands (or feet) and beating on her bladder like it was a drum or something. Thunk.......thunk........thunk, thunk, .........thunk.....thunk.....(more urgent) thunk, thunk, thunk, thunk, its time to go NOW! All I could do was giggle and say.....I remember baby girl, you did the same thing. Now its payback time.

We finally got through some shopping then stopped for Chinese food. She is craving crab legs. Then, naturally, eating makes her sleepy so she brought me home early.

I had some extra time so I decided to work on a new design wall idea I've had for a few days. I wrote all about it on my other blog. I think it is soooo neat and time saving. I wonder why I didn't think of it before?

No comments: