Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

At home retreat

..
This may not be the same stashbusting as others are doing right now, but for me it is. Just because I don't own the fabric myself doesn't mean its not actual stashbusting, does it?

Getting the custom quilts out of the way means I will have much more time for organizing and stashbusting fabrics of my own. Yes, I know this is Christmas rush season for me. None the less, I did have myself a weekend retreat. I had two custom quilts to finish piecing so they can get their time on the machine before my vacation. I finished piecing the t-shirt quilt. Now it's ready for machine time.


Then I finished piecing this one. The picture is of half the top. I still have to add borders before it can be put onto the machine.


This was a design from Quiltmaker magazine. I don't like making designs from that magazine. I do them only if a customer requests it. The designs have very little in the way of instruction which makes shortcut piecing difficult. I'm glad I can just look at a picture and put together a quilt in a way that makes sense to me.

No comments: