Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

I need to pay attention!

Snow? We were supposed to get snow? I didn't know that. I woke up to snow on the ground. That's what happens when I don't pay attention. I have become so focused on deadlines that I forget to pay attention to the world around me.



Saturday when I was working on the returned quilt.... I ran out of thread. Guess what? I didn't have another cone. Geeze! Another one of those didn't pay attention things. So I have to take that one off the machine and wait until I can get a ride to buy more thread. My daughter was working the weekend so she couldn't take me.

I can't let my machine just sit idle..... can't earn a living that way.... so the returned quilt came off the machine and this one went on. Did I tell you I love my zipper leaders? This quilt is an easy one. It will balance my time between a difficult quilt and an easy one.



It got the circle lord fan design..... which is quick and easy.


I finished that quilt early; but, not early enough to work on another one. So I started looking for a paper document I really needed. I realized that my papers have gotten totally out of order. If there was a disaster and I should have to evacuate on a moments notice; I would be in big trouble. No way could I grab the right papers to take with me. Also, if something should happen to me and my daughter had to take over for me..... she couldn't do it. She wouldn't know where anything legal is kept. Well I started sorting and filing and came up with some ideas to file papers. I put a post about it on my other blog. Here's a picture of the start. It's not a lot but anything is better than what I was doing.



Yesterday my brother took me to the fabric store to get the cone of thread I needed. Today I will get the returned quilt finished and shipped out. This past weekend has been a wake up call for me. I need more organization in my life! I've stayed too focused on quilts while everything around me has gotten totally out of control. That's just not me. I'm usually really organized and a whirl wind of activity.
.
I have carry over December quilts that still need doing. I have January quilts waiting. I have February quilts here already that somehow now have January deadlines. How did that happen? I guess I didn't pay attention..... again. Obama says this is the year of change.... well it's a year of change for me too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have really enjoyed your blog, I am a 28 quilter that has been quilting for 21 years, taught by my grandmother, and you remind me of her, with your common sense. I have a couple questions to ask you if you wouldn't mind e-mailing me at gap_number_02@yahoo.com

Thanks, Jay