Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009 quilting has begun!

Like it or not I had to go back to work. The same feeling a lot of people have when the vacation ends. So what have I been doing the last few days? Setting priorities of course. First was this quilt that must be finished by February. I thought I could finish it in only a day or two. It's driving me crazy!! I like the effect of the shadows and the box but it feels much too busy.




So I tried a different background. I'm not sure I like that either.




So I tried a different border. I don't like that either.

After a lot of agonizing; I put that aside for awhile to think of other possibilities. I went to the machine and quilted to get my mind flowing in the right direction. So here is the first finished quilt of 2009.




A close up of the quilting. Unfortunately these are the only pictures. It's been picked up already.



So next was opening the boxes that arrived before the end of the year. 5 arrived in one box and one in another. These are marked onto my waiting list as having arrived.





Then it was on to doing end of year inventory. Threads are the most time consuming for me. As you can see I have a bunch of threads.





While doing the thread inventory I decided to clean up the thread display wall. It had gotten out of whack during the rush. The color tags on the wall weren't right anymore because some colors are no longer available. I made some new tags.




I want to change the thread wall to something different..... someday. Maybe a closed cabinet? I'll see what I can come up with as I ponder options.


So the next quilt is on the machine waiting for me. I also have two custom made tops that must be frog stitched and made over again. My fault actually, I was so rushed during the xmas season that I made mistakes. I know better than try doing things much too fast. Thank goodness for forgiving customers!

I had wanted to reorganize the studio, reorganize my webshots, reorganize my blogs, reorganize my kitchen, make some window quilts, make some organizer boxes, make some cardboard furniture, spend time with my kids and grandkids, spend time with some friends....... there is more but I don't want to bug you too much. Needless to say these things haven't happened yet. The overflow of work that didn't happen before xmas has taken priority over lots of things. All I can do is all I can do. I have 3 1/2 months before the next rush season begins... maybe I will get some of these things accomplished by then?


1 comment:

Becky said...

Did you make your thread rack by chance? If you did, what is it made out of? I need something like that for embroidery and quilting thread.