Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Technology irritates me!

This is today's finished quilt. I still don't know what I'm doing wrong with my camera. I don't have any time right now for sitting and reading the booklet. Too many commitments with too many looming deadlines.

This was taken with the flash on. See the dark area?


This was taken with the flash off and only the overhead lights. No dark but the sickly green cast.


This is the back of the quilt. It's actually a bright white backing but looks so yellow green here.


Same problem with this picture. An ugly yellow green cast. But the pictures do show the stitching designs I used.


I had a few minutes last night after I finished that quilt and loaded another one for today. I worked on the lady's hat. I wanted to see the peacock feather in it. Nope! Can't use that. The feather doesn't look right because it's too dark next to the white feathers. I will try another one using maybe a lighter color feather from the fabric. If I can find a lighter color one.



Here is another one of those dogs running loose in my neighborhood. He looks kind of friendly but I won't take the chance on getting bitten. I don't know if he has had shots or not. The angle on the photo comes from a white porch post in the picture.

No comments: