Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Flower power quiltng

This is today's finished quilt. I can't seem to avoid the darkness in the photos. I've tried adjusting the camera but I still get dark areas.


I adapted a flower power design from Diana Phillips' new book. I put a large center flower into the center of the flower power flower. Oh my, that's a lot of the word flower in one sentence.


And...a smaller flower power design in the center of the appliqué piecing.


I didn't get to do much quilting or playing on the internet over the weekend. I had other things that required my attention. Like paying bills and making out a grocery list for next weekend and going to the hardware store. Yuck! I know, I know, boring stuff but oh so necessary.

Actually; going to the hardware is a pleasant task. It's one of my favorite places to shop. I like new things for my house but I also get new ideas to use in my quilting. I went to get a sheet of insulation board to create another design wall. For now the board is just sitting. I went while I had a ride with someone who could fit the board in their car. I'll get back to creating the wall later. Before I get back to making the design wall I need to take a trip to the fabric store. I'll need some white flannel. That will have to wait too.

No comments: