Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Friday, October 5, 2007

A charity quilt

The quilt I have on the machine is going to take more than one day to complete so no finished quilt pictures today.

I thought I would share a picture or two of my current quilt project. It's for a charity auction next April during the Louisville Mayor's Derby Brunch. Lots of out of town guests will be there. Sorry about the darkness of the picture. It was late and my overhead lights need replacing.




I stopped working on the machine for the day but wasn't ready to go to bed yet so I started on this. I did the face but I may do it over before it's finished. I'm not happy with her eyes even though she is supposed to be looking back and up.

Why a Victorian couple? Because it's to benefit Farnsley-Moorman House and Landing. An old house and steamboat dock from the 1800's that has been restored and put on the historic register. These are just the characters to be in the quilt. I still have the house to work on and some type of background. A friend took digital pictures of the Farnsley-Moorman House for me to use in the drawing of templates. I'm not sure I will be able to do the house because I can't find any fabric that looks like bricks.

I may try to paint some brick fabric myself but only if I have the time after the Christmas rush is over. There is a very short time I will be able to finish the quilt. Pictures of the finished quilt are supposed to be taken in February to use for publicity purposes.

Ok, short post today. It's my daughter's birthday so we are going shopping and later out for dinner. I want to work on the machine a while before she picks me up.

No comments: