Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Friday, October 19, 2007

Storms over

This is the quilt I finished early in the day. This is half the quilt sitting on a 4 foot by 8 foot table. A really large quilt. I did load another quilt on the machine and got about half way through it before the storms reached my area.


I did line dancing in the 1 inch squares of the nine patch and flowers in the alternate squares.


This is the way the sky looked a few minutes after my post yesterday. We lost power for most of the night. Nothing harmed at my house. There must have been a tree fall somewhere close by that took out the power. This happens a lot in my area during storms. Some businesses on Broadway (a couple of blocks from me) lost roofs and windows.


When I took these pictures there wasn't any lightning or rain yet just really dark clouds. I was on the porch right in front of the door.


I took the pictures then went to the hallway to keep the furkids company in their crates. The storm passed over my area fairly quick. Without power I just entertained myself with a good book, reading with light from a kerosene lamp until bedtime.

1 comment:

EileenKNY said...

Anita,
I'm happy to hear that you and the furkids are safe. The storms are headed this way for this afternoon and tonight.
Hopefully, this will help a little with the drought down south.