Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Simple tasks

The quilt on the machine is one of those that take more than one day to finish. After the day's work was done I took time to put a new cover on my pressing board.

In organizing; sometimes it's the simple tasks that get put off the longest. I've had the iron fabric for a few weeks. I just didn't seem to have the few minutes needed to put it on the board.
I use this pressing board instead of a regular ironing board for my quilting because this is more convenient. It's easy to take out and easy to put away. Doesn't take up a lot of room. I can put it anywhere on the intake table to sit and press quilt pieces.

It's made from 1/2 inch plywood, two layers of Quilter's Dream thin cotton batting, and the iron fabric. Held on by duct tape and non-skid shelf liner on the back. I have a larger one for when I'm pressing yardage fabrics. So this gets marked off the 'to do list' for 2008.

1 comment:

EileenKNY said...

Anita,
What is iron fabric? I've never heard of it.
Is this pressing board the kind that you can just lift on and off the table? Cool!!