Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Continuing on

I don't know if you can see the stitching or not but I got the feathers along the border finished.  Today I will do the lines between them. 


I try to do the borders first on these quilts to minimize the amount of fullness in the border.  When the center area is quilted first it only compounds the problem of a wavy border.  Why?  Well because when doing the quilting it draws up the fabric.  The more it draws up in the center area, the more wavy effect on the border. 

I have two appointments today and two tomorrow so I'm not sure how much quilting I'm going to get accomplished.  If I can get the lines between the feathers done it will help keep me on schedule. 

No comments: