Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Refigerator magnets

.
You probably have some of these hanging around the house? Mine came on the front of phone books. Do you just throw them away? I don't. Magnets have some good uses around the house. Here's one.




Get yourself a strip of fabric and a strip of fusible web. They should be just slightly larger than the magnets.




Press the fabric to the fusible web. Lay the magnets, picture side down, on the fused fabric.



Cover with your pressing sheet.




Iron the magnets to the fused fabric. Then cut out a design if you want. It could be any shape or just left as squares. I cut wavy edges.




Now I have some handy coasters in pretty colors. It's easy to keep them conveniently ready to use by sticking them to the refrigerator.








No comments: