Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Cleaning in bright light

.
It's amazing! I love the brightness of the new lights. Oops, all the bright light really showed all the dust bunnies. When the house was too dark to see, those little buggers seemed to multiply beyond belief.




They show up in the oddest of places. Like this bunch of dust bunnies on the end of the curtain rod. Odd, very odd place to multiply.


My weekend was filled with swiffering the walls, then washing off dirty paw prints. It was a little sad to wash the spot under the window. The last reminder of my furkid Franklin who passed last Xmas eve. I shed a few tears, remembering how he used to stand on his hind legs and lean against the wall to look out the window. I kept telling myself; "the object is not the memory". The memory of him is in my heart along with those of my sons. Then I washed it all away. He wouldn't have liked the new view out the window. A house now sits where the neighborhood kids used to play games.



I moved on to other things like putting plastic on the window. Washing and rehanging the curtains. Washing woodwork, cabinets, and appliances.


I spent quite a lot of time trying to figure out what's wrong with my internet. For some odd reason it got into a loop and kept opening the same page over and over and over again. Nothing would stop it. I couldn't disconnect. I couldn't turn the computer off. It got frustrating so I pulled the power cord out of the outlet.




When I plugged it back up everything was fine. This morning my email won't work. I get a message that the site can't be found. It must be ATT working to make our life more miserable with upgrades and changes. The count I had of opened pages was at about 40 when I pulled the plug.



I have lots more work to do around the house before the move in. I have very sore muscles. Gee, I hurt in places I forgot I had. My daughter has been busy at her place packing and choosing what will be brought here, what to donate, and what will be in storage.

.
I'm getting back on the quilting machine today. It feels really good to have a normal 5 day work week again.



4 comments:

kathi said...

ah Anita, nice to know that someone else has those giant dust bunnies on the ends of their curtain rods, etc etc. HOwever, if you are clearing yours off. oh oh.. well perhaps in time for Christmas mine will be "exterminated".. again, maybe not. remember, those aches and pains are a sign to take a break, before one of your own bodily parts "takes a break". ENJOY the process.

Anita Estes said...

Hi Kathi, Yes, the aches do signal for me to take it easy. Good thing I'm only working on weekends to do the strenuous stuff. It gives me a week of recovery before doing it again. Hey listen lil sis, if you want to hide the dust bunnies then take a few light bulbs out and pull the shades down. What you can't see is invisible. (wink)

Quiltin' LibraryLady said...

A five-day work week---is that what you call "retirement???" LOL If better lighting shows up all the dust bunnies then the only places we really need it is our reading chair, sewing machine & quilting machine!!! You know, out of sight out of mind. LOLOL

Anita Estes said...

Hee, hee, hee, yup, I'm retired. I still have some customer quilts that were already here when I announced my retirement back in February or March. That's what I'm working on when I say a normal work week. I estimated it would take me until the end of the year to finish them all and I'm just about on track for that.