Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Home improvements

.
Ok, the day was filled with MOVING STUFF. I'm so tired of moving stuff! The reward of moving all the stuff is very worth the effort. This had to be replaced.





There were 4 of these replaced.




The stove hood was replaced. It quit working about 10 years ago. I thought it was only about 5 years ago but my daughter said it was a year or two before she graduated high school in 2000.



See how old the masking tape is on the on/off button?




I got started moving stuff. Got all the batting and rollie carts moved.




Rollie carts went into what will be my daughter's room.




I didn't get my groceries put away so those went into the bedroom too.... for now.




Then lower the machine onto it's wheels and move it out of the way.




The electrician started with the light that goes above the machine then went to the kitchen to work while I moved stuff to the other side of the room. Here's the light that replaced the round one. Umm... now I need to paint the ugly spot on the ceiling. That will happen later..... much later.



I didn't take any more photos of the work. I was too busy moving stuff around so he could keep moving. When he was done it was almost like bright sunshine in both rooms. Fantastic!
.
It did take all I had saved plus my change jar money but it's worth it. The cost was $250 labor and $375 for fixtures. This guy earns about $100 an hour.... I think I went into the wrong profession! It's still worth the cost.
.
Oh gee whiz, now all the dust bunnies and finger prints show up extra well. Cleaning was much easier when it was too dark to see anything. Hmm... I guess I best get started moving stuff back where it belongs... again. I didn't get to it yesterday because my brother and SIL wanted me to go with them to Goodwill and out for dinner. He's doing much better now that he's going to group therapy sessions for PTSD people. He's learning how to cope with the flashbacks and stress.
.

No comments: