Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

House inventory - for insurance purposes

Yesterday I was telling a friend of mine about my efforts to create an emergency packet of information just in case I should ever need to evacuate my house. She told me about this software that she'd been using to do the same thing.

For those who prefer to work with computers rather than paper for creating and keeping a house inventory here is a link to the site. Know your stuff. It's a free software from the insurance industry. It takes only about a minute to download to your computer. It's not connected to any one particular company. I prefer to have actaul papers rather than a disk and this software lets me have it my way while others might prefer to keep everything on a cd. You can do it that way too.

I downloaded the software just a minute ago so I haven't had a chance to work with it yet. I did watch the video. I think it will simplify the task of creating my emergency packet. It will let me start with pictures or with paper whichever I choose. There is a link to keep information at an off site place if you want. Some might like it but I'm not going to use that feature.

I know the chances of me needing a household inventory for insurance purposes is very slim.... but it only takes one time for it to be the most valuable thing I have. One tornado can blow everything away. One flood can wash everything away. One fire can burn it up. I'd rather be prepared than sorry. I also want to be paid a fair amount if I ever have to file a claim.

No comments: