I thought I would give you an update on the cardboard cabinet I've been making. When I started making it a few weeks ago; I created as much as I could before I ran out of cardboard. I got a couple more boxes lately so I worked on it a little more. At first I couldn't decide which to use the cardboard for..... this or more can organizers. This cabinet won.
As you can see I made the shelves for the door side and three of the drawers.
Here's a picture of the drawers opened a little. I also started putting the sides on it.
This is as far as I got before running out of cardboard again. I have a friend who told me her husband could give me plenty of cardboard boxes. Without a car I can't go get it. Bummer!
This cabinet is not perfect. It's not supposed to be. Mostly I'm experimenting with different techniques as I make it. I'm trying several techniques of cutting, bending, glueing, stacking, and taping to see which works best..... and more importantly cheapest. After all that's the purpose of creating cardboard furniture. To have sturdy, functional furniture at little or no cost while also making art.
I see all kinds of possiblilities in my mind. A couch and chairs for my guests to sit a spell.... a ladybug shaped dresser for little Ladybug.... a bunny shaped headboard for Ms Bunny's bed.... a table and chairs for their playroom.... a medicine cabinet for my bathroom..... lots and lots of possibilities.
I'll give you another update after I get more boxes and find some time to work on this a little more. Right now a quilt is waiting on me.