Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The wife's ten commandments

HER TEN COMMANDMENTS

These are the new commandments ten;
which wives now create for married men

1.  Remember that I am thy wife; whom thou must cherish all thy life.
2.  Thou shalt not stay out late at night; when lodges, friends, or clubs invite.
3.  Thou shalt not smoke indoor our out; or chew tobacco round about.
4.  Thou shalt with prise receive my pies; nor pastry made by me dispise.
5.  My mother thou shalt strive to please; and let her live with us in ease.
6.  Remember 'tis thy duty clear; to dress me well throughout the year.
7.  Thou shalt not be a drinking man; but live on the prohibition plan.
8.  Thou shalt in manner mild and meek; give me thy wages every week.
9.  Thou shalt not flirt, but must allow; thy wife such freedom anyhow
10.  Thou shalt get up when the baby cries; and try the child to tranquilize.

These my commands from day to day; implicitly thou shalt obey! 



No comments: