HER TEN COMMANDMENTS
These are the new commandments ten;
which wives now create for married men
1. Remember that I am thy wife; whom thou must cherish all thy life.
2. Thou shalt not stay out late at night; when lodges, friends, or clubs invite.
3. Thou shalt not smoke indoor our out; or chew tobacco round about.
4. Thou shalt with prise receive my pies; nor pastry made by me dispise.
5. My mother thou shalt strive to please; and let her live with us in ease.
6. Remember 'tis thy duty clear; to dress me well throughout the year.
7. Thou shalt not be a drinking man; but live on the prohibition plan.
8. Thou shalt in manner mild and meek; give me thy wages every week.
9. Thou shalt not flirt, but must allow; thy wife such freedom anyhow
10. Thou shalt get up when the baby cries; and try the child to tranquilize.
These my commands from day to day; implicitly thou shalt obey!