Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

July snow cream

You've heard of making snow cream right?  Well yesterday I made some snow cream with July snow.  I know it's still June but it feels like July already.




Snow cream is basically just snow, milk, sugar, and vanilla.  Hmm.... you can't have snow cream without snow can you?  How you going to have snow cream in late June, the temperature is in the high 90s, and it's not snowing?




With a snow making machine of course.  Hee, hee, hee.  You thought these machine were only for flavored snow cone syrups didn't you?





You can even get fancy and add stuff like a can of pineapple or some chocolate syrup to make flavored July snow cream.  I made a big batch to put into the freezer.  It does get quite hard when frozen because it wants to go back to being ice.  Mine is in individual size containers.  I take one out and zap it in the microwave just enough to soften it again and it's snow cream whenever I want it.  A perfect quick substitute to buying boxed ice cream that's mostly air, fat, and sugar.  The cost is only pennies when compared to the cost of what you get from the store.  This machine did have an initial cost but has paid for itself many times over in savings by using it.

No comments: