It really wasn't difficult.... just time consuming. It's a large quilt. Three and a half days of quilting. I think the finished look was well worth the time.
I did line dancing on the yellow and flutterbys on the blue squares. Those are 2 inch squares.
The thread doesn't show up on the red so I lay my test drawing on top so you could see the design. It's a flower and leaf design.
It's hard to see the border design of a leafy vine.
This is on the back side.
During the heat of the afternoon, from about 2 or 3 until sundown, my studio gets very hot. I do have central air but it doesn't help much unless I crank it full blast. My budget can't stand a high electric bill. When it starts to get hot I head to the back part of the house where it's cooler. That's when I find other things to do to keep busy. This is the first section of my cardboard breakfast bar.
Yes, yes, I know it still looks just like an ordanary box. There's a lot of strength inside the cardboard walls. I'm ready to put in the second shelf. I only work on it when it's just plain too hot to be in the studio. It really won't look like much more than a bunch of cardboard until the final finish is put on it.