Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Sausage, egg, biscuits

A few days ago, I happened to be looking in the freezer for something when I came across this box. Needless to say I was upset with my daughter for buying them. I asked her if she could afford to buy a house while at the same time paying for a personal chef? (the manufacturer)



Well, it turns out that she wanted to ask me to make her some breakfast sandwiches to carry to work but was afraid to ask. She told me that she feels like she's already taking enough of my time babysitting for her while she works, goes to school, attends home buyer classes, and studies or looks at houses on the internet in the "in between" times.







So what could I do but make her some breakfast sandwiches? I don't want her to get into the habit of paying for the personal chefs (the manufacturer) just because she's afraid to ask. I had already frozen some pre-cooked sausage patties. Slicing some cheese is easy and quick. Hmm... I remembered I had some cheeze already frozen in individual slices too.




I only needed to bake some biscuits and fry some eggs.



The eggs fit better on the biscuits if they are fried in a round shape. It's not necessary but it does look more like the manufactured kind. So, I take a can of pineapple. Cut off both ends of the can. Put the pineapple in the freezer to use another day. Removed the label and washed the can.




I knew the metal can would get hot so I found myself a clothes hanger to use for a lifting handle.




Ta da! A way to make round fried eggs.



As soon as the egg is "set" as round I then take the can off and move it to another spot for the next egg. I did have a little trouble with the egg sticking to the can rim but running a knife around the inside before moving it helped.

Ok, the rest of the process is simply putting the sandwiches together, wrapping, and freezing them. Not difficult at all. Now all she has to do is take one out of the freezer to carry to work and without paying the personal chef. Hmm.... maybe I should be charging the personal chef fee?

1 comment:

kathi said...

i LOVE it. and you made me HUNGRY. what a great idea. even if you are not making a batch of them.. thanks.