Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Resist Resist Resist

Yesterday a good friend took me to her house so I could go through some fabrics she was getting rid of.  She has an absolutely beautiful house.  This is what I came home with.  I kept telling myself not to look too closely because I knew I would be tempted to sit and play with fabrics.  I told myself over and over again.... resist the temptation, resist the temptation.  I knew I had a quilt on the machine I really wanted to finish quilting.



At first I said, maybe, just one look at one of the fabrics.  Then it was too late.  I sat the rest of the afternoon sorting and thinking about crafts and quilts.  These are upholstery fabrics.  Lots of potential for crafts or quilts.  Don't these just say art quilts to you?  They do to me.  But what art quilt?  That's what makes playing with fabrics so much fun.



I like those but these are my favorites of the whole batch.  I like them because the pieces are large, thin like cotton, and like art pieces already.  They "speak" to me.  I hear them saying "make me into this or make me into that".  Oh my goodness.... I have to resist the temptation to create any new things until some of my UFOs and PIGs have been finished. 



Well, I finally stored all the fabrics out of sight for now.  They will wait until my daughter moves and I've more time for creating.  About my daughter.... it's not going to be easy getting her into her house.  The closing costs are going to be way more than we thought.  About $3,000 more than the both of us have if we each clear out all of our savings and she borrows from her 401K.  Today she will apply for a deferral of the amount she is short.  All we can do is wait to see if if can be deferred.  We have faith.... if she is meant to be in that house, it will somehow happen. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful collection of fabric, can't wait to see what you do with it all.

lw said...

Some of that fabric would make really cute totes or purses, too.

It's awfully hard to resist freebies.

Anita Estes said...

Yes, it is very hard to resist freebies. I know for sure some of it will become art quilts. There might be a purse or two lurking in a bag waiting for me to discover the possibility. It will have to speak louder if I'm to discover it though. hee, hee.