Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Busy weekend

Friday and Saturday were days filled with sorting and organizing papers; like my greeting cards and this address file.


Sunday afternoon was spent creating a pattern for me to make my own bras from t-shirt scraps and quilting stash. 


I have the pattern done and made one sample to test for fit.  It's not completely finished.  There are only a couple of adjustments to make in the pattern and I'm ready to make some bras.  I plan to do a tutorial on my helpful hints blog as soon as I find time.  (Does anyone know where Mr. time is hiding?)  I need time for cutting fabric and sewing so I can take photos of the process then write the directions.  What do you think.... pretty colorful huh?




Yesterday I got back onto the quilting machine.   I got a little over half way finished with the quilt.  There's lots of stops and starts when doing the background design of cross stitched quilts.  I should be able to get pretty close to finishing this one today before Ladybug gets here. 



I feel as if I'm moving at a snail's pace most days even though I'm getting stuff done.  I guess it's because in the past my days were filled with quilting and little else.  Now that I'm not finishing one or two quilts a day, time feels different.  It's hard to describe the feeling.  I feel as if I should be producing more quilting work and at the same time I feel good when I accomplish something other than quilting work.  Maybe I'm just weird.


No comments: