Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm back

The last few days have been pretty hectic for me. Not enough time to get on the computer. My mother's guardianship hearing is over. It was a full day of testimony from several professionals. The jury deliberated for only about 30 minutes before giving their verdict. I was given full control over her and her estate. Umm..... What estate? She hasn't had anything for more than 5 years. Despite having nothing but Social Security income, that goes directly to the nursing home, she doesn't have anything at all. I had to get a $12,000 bond insurance anyway. Even the judge said he didn't think it necessary but it's required by law. It's equal to the amount of her SS for one year.

Next there was lots of paperwork for me to fill out and file with the hall of records. I was also given several forms to fill out and file with the court each month along with some to get filed within two weeks.

So? What's the point of a new guardianship when I was already her guardian and power of attorney? Well, the old one was limited. The new one is complete (full). Now if she is sent out of state to another facility I have the power to choose for her. I also have the power to control her medical treatments. I was doing this already but now I can show I have the papers for it.

I did get the other quilt stabelized then took it off the machine. I got this one stabelized yesterday. I haven't a clue how I'm going to quilt it yet. A little stand and stare time should give me some ideas.



I'm still waiting for my new flooring to arrive. I was told it takes a couple of weeks for it to get delivered after it's ordered. The cool days have reminded me I need to get my window quilts made. I'll just do a quick panto on some white fabric just to get the windows covered. Right now it's more important to keep the heat in than get creative.
.
I have a busy day ahead of me again so I best get started.

No comments: