Today's finished quilt. Sorry about the dark pictures. My overhead lights are still not working. This one is a beginner quilt. I did Baptist fan in the center...
A swag design on inside border and feather on the outside border.
It was the best I could do to work in all the fullness of the borders. This is a view of the back. I'm going to give her some lessons on measuring the borders and using an iron when she picks this one up.
I received the gammill appliqué (trapunto) foot in the mail a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday I took the time to put it on my machine because the next quilt is absolutely loaded with appliqué. I took the foot right back off again and put back on the regular foot. It won't work for me.
Don't get me wrong... I had a similar foot on my old machine. I had no problem using it. I don't use rulers so that wasn't the problem. The problem for me using that foot was it's too thick. The one I had before was just as tiny but much flatter. The gammill foot is like a ball with a hole in it. The ball design made it want to slide off the appliqué so I couldn't stay in the ditch.
In the process of changing the feet.... I lost the tiny needle screw. I had it in my hand... then I didn't. I didn't hear it hit the floor so it was like it just disappeared. I got on my knees and searched for about half an hour before I found it inside the bobbin area. I called to order a couple more to have on hand in case this happens again.
As I said the next quilt is loaded with appliqué. It will definitely take more than one day to complete it. Just looking at all that detail makes me think it may take a week or more..... thank goodness I have zipper leaders! If I get tired of the detailed stitch in the ditch I can take it off to work on another one. Then again.... I may get so engrossed in the work that I don't want to quit.
With that said..... I'm headed to the studio to get started.