Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Remember this quilt? I got a call last night from the owner. She doesn't like the border on it. I will be removing it and making another one of the same fabric. BUMMER! She didn't like that the circles of the design went crooked. That's the way the fabric was printed. I should have known it would come back to me. I'll have to fussy cut the new border from the same fabric.


Anyway, on to more pleasant thoughts..... this is today's finished quilt.


It was a flower design so I did more flowers and some feathers.


Curlies and leaves on the inside border.


Line dancing on the pieced squares.


Next I finished the majority of this garden quilt. This is the left half.


The right side of the top.


What's a garden without a little spider web? I put one on there too.


I was doing texture more than accuracy.


The watermelon .


Today this quilt goes back onto the machine. I may not be able to finish it today because my sister in law is going to be here. I just have a small amount of work left. The piano key border needs some quilting on it but I'm not exactly sure what. A day away from the machine may give me time to think of something.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh, I love the quilting in the garden quilt. The flowers are beautiful and the spiderweb made me giggle. You are right. Every garden does need a spiderweb.

Alycia said...

You did an awesome job on the quilting of this quilt. Thanks for sharing the photos!