Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Necktie quilts & other stuff

My brother got out of the hospital yesterday afternoon. After a little while with him, having a late lunch, it was time to get back to the business of quilting.

The necktie circles are done. Oops! They are smaller than I originally planned. Only a couple of inches smaller but this leaves a lot of blank space in the background. I have a stove burner cover on the center because this will be the pattern guide for cutting the centers. I'll need to talk with the owner before I go further on these.




I really, really, really need to get some things done this week. Not just quilting.... other things have been put on hold for several days and now must be dealt with. Phone calls to make. Some to return, some are required before my mother's court date. The refrigerator stinks... needs cleaning. Laundry to be done.... by hand. Sheets and quilts are the hardest to do.

One thing has made me feel guilty over the past week. I didn't get back to the fair with the other grand kids. I'm glad I was able to help my brother; yet, it took away from the plans I had made to spend with my sons and their families. My sons said they understood. Even though my sons never complain when I cancel our plans; I can't help but think maybe they feel cheated of my time. Heck, I even feel cheated of my own time. I have very little time to call my own. I guess I best get to work. Nothing will get done if I'm sitting at the computer.


No comments: