Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

A bit of this and that

.
The lot next door got cleaned up a bit yesterday. They did just enough that the construction can begin. This is how it looked before.



This is how it looked after the crew finished. It's much better but not really right. See the hanging branches?


This is next to my fence.



See how it was cleaned? Now why couldn't they just finish cleaning next to the fence too?



I guess it's easier for a little ol' lady, with not much income, to get it cleaned out than for 6 young men getting paid to do it. I'll have to see if I can borrow some tools and get my behind out there and do it myself. I'm NOT going to haul it away.... just move it away from the fence. What really irks me is that I loose two feet of my yard because of the trees.
.
I did get some quilting done. Not nearly as much as I wanted to do but the house is much cleaner. Especially the fridge.
.
I got the stitching on the border of this quilt finished. This is the corner.



This is along the top. It doesn't show up really well but there is two different colors of thread on a pretty blue fabric.



I'm going to do as much as I can on this quilt today because tomorrow is grocery day. I will simply be along for the ride. I spent my grocery money last week while traveling back and forth to the hospital. Fast food stops got it all because I was constantly on the go. I do the driving because my SIL doesn't drive. Thank goodness I have enough food in the house to feed myself for at least 6 months before I would run out.

2 comments:

Veronica and Victoria Williams said...

beautiful border. Adds a nice whimsy to the quilt

Anne said...

What a beautiful feather border! I love that it has the two distinct sides.