Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Super easy chicken dinner

You ever think about what might be a very easy and quick dinner? Well I did.

This is what I came up with. Put some pieces of chicken in the crock pot. Pour in a bottle of your favorite salad dressing and let it cook. Serve it over rice or noodles or what ever. It's that easy.



If you want a thicker sauce you can put corn starch in the juice before starting it to cook. By the time its done you should have a gravy like sauce. You can change the flavor by changing the type sauce you use. Mexican? Use Salsa. Italian? Use Italian dressing. Etc.
.
I had 20 bottle of salad dressing I bought a few months ago. I paid 20 cents a bottle with coupons. That was before I stopped using coupons. These were getting close to expiring and I had to come up with a way to use them or donate to the food bank. I'm sure my idea isn't original. Surely someone someplace has already thought of it. Still, it's original for me.
.
You can vary the type of meat you cook. Pork, beef, chicken, fish, polish sausage, spam.
.
You can vary the sauce. Thick sauce, thin sauce, catalina dressing, italian dressing, salsa, french dressing.
.
You can vary what its served over. Rice, beans, mixed vegetables, noodles, spaghetti, macaroni.
.
You can vary the bread to accompany it. Homemade, french loaf, texas toast, biscuits, crackers.
.
This should give you a few hundred different meal ideas. The combinations are endless.

No comments: