Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

The latest quilt is on the machine. I hope to finish it sometime today even though I won't be here most of the day.





I was tagged by Linda for a blog award. (click on her name to visit her blog... it's really nice) I hope you forgive me Linda for not tagging others at this time. I will save my tagging for after the xmas rush is over. I'll have more time to play on the computer then. Right now my concentration must be kept for finishing the Christmas quilts.


.

This is the first year that I won't be cooking the holiday meal. My daughter's mother in law is providing the thanksgiving meal this year. My daughter is moving to a new apartment over the weekend and then will take over the cooking for holidays. Her first big holiday meal will be Christmas. She's really looking forward to it. I'm so proud of her.

.
So a new era has begun in my life. No more big holiday meal cooking at my house.... but I will make things to take to her house. So will the mother in law. Both of us agree it's best to let the young uns take over and we can just enjoy. It certainly takes care of the issue of which in law is going to have them and the grandkids over for each holiday. Both grandmas will go to see the grandkids. Actually, since I'm no longer doing the cooking for holidays I can visit my son's and their families more often.

.
The recent passing of my aunt has me thinking of some changes I must now make in my own life. My thoughts have turned to that of my annual re organizing of my house. I no longer need all the stuff I've accumulated. For example, I no longer need a set of dishes for 30 people. So those will be divided and passed along to the kids. There are many other items in my house that can be given to the next generation. The closets and cabinets are stuffed with several things that I will divide and hand down.
.
Just the thought of emptying overflowing closets, cabinets, and floorspace is getting me excited to start.
.
Ok, I gotta do a little quilting before I get picked up for my visit.




No comments: