Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

I haven't been quilting the last couple of days due to a death in my family. It was a very special aunt. She took me into her family and cared for me many times when my mother was hospitalized due to her mental illness. Her name was Vondalene (Flener) Hill of Butler County, Kentucky.



This aunt was very dear to my heart. She was married to my mother's brother. They married when she was 15 and he was 16 and they were married for 62 years.


Today at the wake I saw many cousins and relatives I haven't seen in several years because everyone grew up and moved to other places. The funeral is tomorrow so I will be unavailable until Tuesday.



It's been very hard the last couple of days. I will miss her a lot.

2 comments:

jhwolf said...

Anita, I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers will be with you and your family.

Judy in MO

Quiltin' LibraryLady said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you had someone so wonderful in your life when you needed her. I've left something for you on my blog, http://www.quiltinlibrarylady.blogspot.com, that I hope will brighten you day just a little bit.
Linda