Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Today's finished quilt. The customer brought me the pattern directions for me to quilt just like it was in the instructions. It has meandering in the background behind the flower appliqué.

1 1/2 inch cross hatching on the border.

There wasn't any stitching done on the flower centers before it was brought to me so I did a tiny serpentine line around those and a stitch in the ditch around the petals like was in the directions.


I worked on this quilt instead of doing the binding on the Friday deadline quilt. I'll have to finish that one today for sure. I also have a very large pre marked top on the machine ready to go. My best guess it that it will take me about a week to get it quilted if I work at least 10 hours a day. It's very hard to stay on schedule when I get so many of these very large time consuming quilts in a row.

Maybe I should re work my waiting list and only put one quilt a week on it instead of 3 a week. It will mean a lot less income and a lot less to pay bills with.... but.... also a lot less deadline stress.

No comments: