Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Well dang. Imagine that. The Wednesday deadline quilt gets picked up on Tuesday. I had the binding done and I'm sitting there clipping thread tails after just getting the baby to sleep. The owner shows up and tells me he was in the neighborhood and wanted to pick it up a day early. He decides to wait while I clip the threads.

The baby wakes up with a tummy ache, the dogs come back from the groomer, the phone rings, and a neighbor knocks on the door. All this while I'm trying to quickly clip thread tails. Needless to say I didn't get any pictures of the finished quilt. But.... it is this one that I took pictures of a few days ago while it was on the machine. I didn't get a chance to go over it one last time to check it either. That makes me nervous.



I have the Friday deadline one quilted. I'm putting the binding on it and clipping the threads today just in case the owner decides to show up on Thursday. Luckily it's a top I pieced with not many threads to clip.

After that I plan to work on some tops that aren't quite so difficult for a day or two. I need a creative break before moving on to the next of the pre printed tops. I have 5 more pre printed tops on my schedule. All of them queen or king size. I find those to be very difficult and time consuming to quilt. Mostly because I have to be so accurate in following the lines. Not at all like putting a top on the machine and creating freehand designs as I go.

It looks like it will be awhile before I can get caught up on deadlines enough to get back to organizing again. So.... I'm heading to the studio for an early start. I'm going to do some mindless quilting for a little while before the baby arrives. Hmm... forget about organizing.... with all the looming deadlines I wonder when I will find time for some simple house cleaning? Maybe next week. I knew there was a reason I should not have gone to Paducah. Now I know what it was..... deadlines.

No comments: