Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

More finished quilts. I've been working lots of overtime to try catching up on the work I'm behind on doing. Blogger does funny things when I download pictures. This is the last quilt finished. I only had to stitch around the embroidery since the rest of the quilting was already done by someone else.


I used mono thread.


This was the second quilt finished. I pulled out some of my older designs to use on this one.


A formal feather on the outside border, le lace on the inside border.


I don't know how to describe the stitching design on the blocks. They are a kind of flowery design.


Same thing in this one. The pictures should be click able to get a closer view.


This is the first one I finished. I wanted to do a golf ball and tee but they didn't look right when stitched. It kind of looked like wonky circles and pins. It was too many stops and starts too.


I opted to do generic designs of leaves and line dancing instead.


This shows the line dancing in the pieced stars.


I stitched a flying geese design on the middle border, leaves on the outside border, and a curl and leaf design on the inside border. I got the idea for the curl and leaf from the fabric used.



I have another small quilt up next. The small quilts give me a sense of accomplishment after a long week of one quilt only. I try to balance between a large difficult top and some smaller easier ones so that I don't get too frustrated with time getting away from me.

No comments: