Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Well this quilt is finally finished. I started on it Saturday. Its one of those premarked quilts but the marking on this one was too faint for me to follow. The customer said it was ok to do a different design than was marked. In my opinion the pre marked tops don't have nearly enough quilting in them if I just follow the design. The designs are originally made for hand quilting.

I did a freehand flower design along the outside edge. Freehand feather near the center design.



A meander inside the circles. Stitch in the ditch around the appliqué.


Very small cross hatching in the center area.


Dime size small....


Here is a close up of the feathers and a view of the outside edge.


I have more of these to do. It's very hard to stay on a schedule of 2 or 3 quilts a week when I have several of these quilts that take a week each. These quilts have me waaaaaay behind schedule. I'm going to work on a couple of smaller, simpler tops before tackling another one of these. Maybe it will help me feel like I'm accomplishing something if I see a quilt finished in less than a week of work. It will help my budget too.

1 comment:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Beautiful work! Love your freehand feathers and flowers.