Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Auditioning quilting designs

Short post as I continue to clear up some ME quilts.

Many quilters use different ways to audition quilting designs before marking or stitching on the quilt. Some use clear erasable acetate or white boards. I prefer to use wax paper. I buy it in large quantities like this.....


It's clear enough I can see the fabric below it..... but opaque enough I don't accidentally run off the edge of the paper onto the quilt top. I use dry erase markers for the drawing and....


I can fold up the paper..... with the design I actually use.... and file it with my copy of the intake sheet. If in the future the customer says they want the same design I used before..... I can look it up in the files.

No comments: