Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Thank you

My sincere thanks to everyone for their comments.  I appreciate every one!  Mom is in the hospital for depression but will probably be going home in a few days.  It's become a regular routine for her now, this going to the hospital a few days before a holiday.  She gets depressed and violent toward others so she's sent to the hospital psych ward to calm down. 

I'm not much into the holiday spirit myself.  Well, hmm, maybe that's not quite what I mean.  I have made charity quilts for residents of the nursing home.  I have gotten all the Xmas gifts sent.  I gave money because everyone seems to need money these days.  I feel good that I'm not giving something that may be unwanted and wind up being returned or re gifted.  I think next year everyone should get a new quilt.  It's been a few years since they all got one.   Hmm... sounds like a goal to me.

I guess it just seems like I'm not in a holiday spirit because I'm not running in a dozen different directions to get stuff finished on time.  I'm not rushing to finish customer quilts by Xmas eve and at the same time not rushing to prepare foods either.  My daughter does the cooking now.  Everything is done which leaves sort of an empty feeling.  Like something is missing..... well DUH!.... what's missing is the rushing around trying to get a million things done.  I like it! 

9 comments:

Quiltin' LibraryLady said...

Crank up the Christmas music, break out the Christmas movies, light some holiday scented candles, turn on the tree lights, fix your favorite holiday food, and kick back in the recliner to enjoy the fact that you're not so rushed and stressed this year. Merry Christmas!!

Anita Estes said...

I did! Watched some movies and cooked. No tree but I did look at some Christmasy pictures on the net.

Gudrun said...

Merry Christmas, and best wishes for a great 2011, Anita.
If you really need to do something.... and are anything like me, there is always housework waiting...or filing (evil grin)

Anita Estes said...

Happy Holidays to you too Gudrun! I'm actually been having fun writing blog posts on my other blog the last few days. It's nice to take a break from daily scheduled quilting and concentrate on other things for a change of pace. Yea, I know about filing, (yuck) I'm putting mine off for a few more days though.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Anita! Hope your 2011 is everything you dream of, too. N

Michele Bilyeu said...

My heart is so touched by all that you are going through. I have been in this place of care taking parents for a very long time. My mother has advanced Alzheimer's and we care for her at home. I come and go from Oregon to Alaska to do this. It is exhausting and so meaning filled at the same time. What happens is that the rushing becomes the new normal. Giving of yourself all the time is lovely but so hard on one's self. Just know that I understand this so very much and am sending you heartfilled hugs of compassion and caring.
(((Anita)))

Michele Bilyeu said...

After my long comment of telling you just how much I understand this challenging care giving place, I am not sure if it posted or not, but I did forget to add that while you are giving so very much of yourself, and all of the rushing and giving becomes the new normal, it is so very, very important to take care and give to your self. So, dear Anita..remember that above all else or there will feel like there is nothing left of you, the lady who is such a talent and a joy to others, needs to be one for and to herself. Big hug from someone who travels a thousand miles up to four times a year to help her parents..my mother with advanced Alzhimer's is blind, diabetic, and cannot walk, and we care for her at home. My father passed at 93 in August. As hard as it all is, after his passing, I know the horrible times were worth the giving.

Anita Estes said...

Thank you Michele, A big hug to you too. I feel as if the hard times I'm going through will be worth it in the end. I may get frustrated and angry sometimes with my mother but I can handle it knowing I'm doing what I am able to do to make her life more comfortable in the end. I'm blessed everyday with a roof over my head, plenty of food to eat, and enough income to support a quilting hobby and a good business. How can I not pass along my blessings to others who might need encouragement?

Thank you again for such nice comments.

kathi said...

YOU seem to be having a BIG CASE of THE GUILTIES. we are VERY prone to this. CHILLL. it is OKAY to THINK OF YOURSELF now and then. REALLY. i asked God what HE wanted me to DO in 2011. so far, the only answer i have received is. REST IN MY ARMS. rest? ME? REST? are you KIDDING? but so far, THAT is the ONLY answer i have. hmm. REST ANITA. take TIME to do what YOU WANT TO DO.
NOT the CLEANING. NOT the quilting. NOT the organizing and be ready.. REST. do SOMETHING FOR YOU. and JUST FOR YOU. or. as my sister HOLDS ON TO with ALL HER HEART.

BE STILL and KNOW that I AM GOD. be STILL. for a bit at least.

love ya.