Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

3rd quilt of 2010 is finished

This is the next quilt of 2010. A long double size.







This is the border design.







Hmm... duh! I don't know why I didn't think of this before. When the matching threads are so close in color it is hard to see, I can still show you the design. I can show you the wax paper drawing I use to audition designs.





Here is the block design. I wanted to do more than just line dancing. You can see the sashing design here too. Simple but gives plenty of frame to each block.







Here's the block design on wax paper.





The setting triangles.






The triangle design on wax paper.





I started working on the memory quilt. Not much got finished but at least it's a start. Today is shopping day so I won't be working in the studio. We may get another round of snow this weekend so I need to get out while I can. I won't get a chance to be in the studio again until Monday. If we do have snow again and the day care is closed again I won't be working Monday either. It's always best to plan how the days ahead might go in order to make the most of the time I do get to work.
.
I want to enjoy the time I have with my daughter and grand while I can. There will be enough time for working when they move into their new house and I'm left here with too much alone time.





1 comment:

Rosa said...

Congrats,the quilt`s very romantic and lovely.