Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Paper bows

Everyone knows about using newspaper as a free alternative for gift wrap... right? Why spend money on something that has nothing whatsoever to do with the gift inside? The money saved by not purchasing

wrapping paper could pay for something else. Maybe a gallon of milk or an extra pound of ground beef? Wrapping paper in most homes only lasts as long as the gift is still wrapped then it gets thrown away.
.
I'm going a step farther and making my own gift bows too. These are made from phone book and magazine pages. Who cares if the wrapping paper and bows come from free items? What's important is the gift inside.


Here is a good site with instructions for making bows. Simply change from ribbon to paper for your own bows.

No comments: