I didn't want to be out of bed but the new stove had to be delivered and installed. Isn't it nice? The bed is just way too tempting right now. A little computer time kept me awake while they finished.
I decided to think about my new year resolution. My birthday is New Year's Day. A nice time for thinking about changes I'd like to make for the coming year. So here's my list.... in no particular order.
1. Do whatever I can to stay healthy. This means more time with my kids, less work related stress (the reason I retired), and more frequent doctor visits.
2. Don't work so much that I get overwhelmed. It's better to say no and loose a friend (customer) than to say yes and get sick from overworking. Just do what I can each day and leave the rest for another day.
3. Stop saving so many things that "might come in handy someday" or "I could make _____ from this". Trust me.... for everything I get rid of, something takes it's place. I have enough to last a very long time.
4. Stop creating and stockpiling more UFOs. I have enough UFOs and PIGs to last me for a whole year or longer. For every new quilt I make, one UFO or PIGs must be finished too. (UFOs = unfinished objects, PIGs= project in a grocery sacks)
5. Get rid of all the over abundance by not purchasing more than essentials until everything is in control again. This includes quilt fabric.
6. Do a better job of posting to my blogs.
Not too many resolutions and not difficult ones either. Here's to a better year! Right now I'm headed back to bed. This cold still has me feeling rather yucky. Ladybug and I are spending a lot of time cuddling and sleeping. The medications are helping too.