Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ah yes, a finished quilt. The t-shirt quilt. Now the only thing left to do is the binding.


I did simple cross hatching all over it.

Things are finally getting back to normal for me. I have another quilt on the machine ready to go. I will be working as fast as I can without making myself overly tired. This recent illness seems to have robbed me of my strength. All I can do.... is all I can do.
.
We had a very little mist of sleet yesterday. Also, on the news last evening, they once again reported that we will be paying about double what we paid for gas last year to heat our homes this year. Between the news and the sleet yesterday it was a reminder for me that the insulation is very important to get finished. I had rescheduled the work and the guys are due here today. They say it will take a only day or two to finish. It can't be soon enough for me.
.
That will be the last of the energy upgrades..... until I save more money. Next will be to get new insulated siding for the outside and maybe new double pane windows. That's a future thing though. It will be very expensive and will take a long time to save. In the mean time, I still have some windows that need plastic put on them. I'll probably get some of that done this weekend.
.
Well, I'm headed off the the studio to work for awhile.

No comments: