Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

I hope blogger acts right today. I'm still working on this quilt. I thought I would show you what I'm doing in the alternate blocks. I was wrong yesterday when I said these were 8 inch blocks. They are actually 9 inch blocks. I didn't realize it until I looked at these.



This is all freehand. I got about half way through the quilt before calling it a day. If I can finish this one today; I can put an easy quilt on for a change of pace before moving on to the next intricate one.
I'm hoping to use my weekend for doing some work away from the machine. I have the binding to do on a couple of quilts. Repairs to do on a vintage top. A drawing to do for guild challenge. Some fabrics to fold and put away. That sort of thing. I need to finish these up and call the owners so I can make room in my studio.
It dawned on me a few days ago that I don't have any leader and ender pieces near my domestic machine. I can't have that!! Leader and ender pieces are how I create charity quilts. Yes, I've got to get organized and cut some leader and ender pieces. Hmmm... it also occurs to me that I haven't had a weekend for ME in quite a while. I guess it's time I had myself an "in home retreat" to do a litte planning and cutting of fabrics. I'll have my sister in law to come over to keep me company. She hasn't been here in several months. She needs to do a little planning too.
Ok, it's settled, a weekend in home retreat it is.
Time for me to get to work... it's not the weekend yet.

No comments: