Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Today's finished quilt. It took two days (12 hours each) to quilt this one.


The owner wanted grid lines on it. The lines are not meant to be straight or even. She wanted the look of random.


A close up of the back.


I have a good friend who will be stopping by my blog for the first time today. She wanted to see pictures of these quilts.

This quilt is leaving me next week. I most likely won't see it ever again as it's donated to Mayor Jerry Abramson's Derby brunch as a fund raiser for the Farnsley-Moorman House. For those of you who don't know.... that's a restored mansion from the colonial days of Louisville. It's a nice tourist attraction. This one is called.... Let's walk.


This is my guild challenge quilt for this year. It's finally finished. This is actually the first time I have posted a picture of this one. This is before the quilting. It's called.... I love you too. I was given permission by Mary Engelbriet to reproduce one of her paintings into fabric. It will eventually be donated to a charity though I'm not sure which one yet.



This is a close up of the faces.


This one is also leaving me in about two weeks and I won't see it again either. It's donated to the New Hampshire SPCA after it competes in the Machine Quilter's Expo. It's a fabric challenge quilt. This one is called.... Adoption Dreams.


I've discovered I really like doing fabric challenges. It's something I could get hooked on very easily. I may look around to see if I can find some more to do. But.... not just yet. Work is calling me to the studio so that's where I'm headed.

No comments: