Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ok, the pictures are back.... I think....

I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to figure out what was wrong. I don't know what I did to straighten them out though. I tried several different things and I'm not sure which one got them back. So... over the weekend this is what happened....

We had snow.


In my neighborhood we had 8 inches. In other areas there was 10+ inches of fluff to deal with. Kind of looks like quilt batting doesn't it?


I worked on a guild challenge quilt which I can't show. It was finished and picked up before I took pictures. Then I put this one on the machine.


As you can see.... it has a lot of issues to deal with. I spent a good deal of time stabilizing and getting it as straight as possible. I'll be working on the stitching design today. I may not get it completely finished for a couple of days due to the piecing issues.


The power went out for a couple of hours.... probably a line somewhere in the neighborhood downed by a tree limb due to the heavy snow... so I worked on one of 5 art quilts due to be finished in April. I'll take better pictures as I progress on it.


Actually, all 5 are going to be the same horse, just different colors. These are to be sold during Derby by a gift shop in a major hotel. IF..... I can finish them in time. Almost anything horse related sells during the big Derby season.

So that's what I did over the weekend and yesterday. I'm headed to the studio to work on the issues quilt.

No comments: