Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Friday, March 7, 2008

The next quilt finished. A picture quilt.


I did only SID around the pieces. I wasn't really happy with the quilting but there wasn't much else I could do with it. I don't think the customer was all that happy either.


The picture squares were made from something that would show every needle hole. It was kind of like paper. I couldn't put anything on the sashing because it would have multiplied the fullness of the squares and made them even more puffy than they were. There wasn't any extra backing either. It was only 1/2 inch space on the sides.


I did a simple leaf pattern on the outside border. To represent the leaves on a family tree. I would love to have been able to quilt this all flat and pretty but.... the construction dictates the quilting. I can only work with what I'm given and hope it doesn't come back to haunt me.

We are expecting 6 to 12 inches of snow today and tonight in this area. I don't expect problems with lots of snow because I rarely leave home anyway. Being snowed in just gives me an excuse to have an in home quilt retreat. A chance to be creative. OR.... a chance to do some organizing. I'll see what mood strikes me as the snow begins to fall.

No comments: