Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wall quilt hanger

I had three small quilts that needed a hanging device for pegboard.  Pegboard is what's used at the fair to hang items in the fine arts department.  A traditional hanging sleeve wouldn't work.  I decided to create something that would allow the quilts to be hung from a single hook.  It's pretty simple to make. 


Hanging device for wall quilts

I figure the volunteers at the fair might not know how to use the device so I wrote them a note.  I put the string near the center of the strips for better balance and to keep the string from being visible above the quilt.



I used strips of cardboard to make the hanging device because it's light weight and sturdy and cheap.   What's really nice about using this system is that if I decide to hang these quilts in my house, it can be done with one nail.  Actually, I would use a command hook so I wouldn't damage the walls.  My daughter used to call me the queen of holes in the wall.  Not anymore.  Not since I found a bunch of command hooks on the discount table a couple of years ago.  I'm now a convert to command products.

I got the idea for the hanging device from looking at some of my old picture frames. 



We had some pretty good ideas back then that are still useful today. 

No comments: