Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

Slow weekend

It's been a slow work weekend for me. The batting order didn't arrive as I hoped. The quilt I had wanted to work on is still waiting. I filled in my time with other work. Saturday my sister in law came over to get more lessons. I finished stabelizing these t-shirts for a custom quilt. Now I wait for the owner to come show me placement the way she wants them.




Then I finished this lone star top. The customer came by to see it and has decided she wants a border around it too. It's an inherited top and there is enough left over fabric to make the border. I'll work on that today.



Then I worked on this top. My mother, who is in a nursing home, made the blocks and I'm putting them together.


My daughter has been sick with a fever the last couple of days. I've been taking care of the baby. She is a good baby but it's hard to get any work done with baby things all over the place. It's difficult to move around. I guess its a good thing that the batting didn't arrive.
I have a couple of other custom tops I'll work on today. Both are being made from clothing. I can cut the clothing apart and into pieces while waiting for the owners to bring me the other fabrics. Hopefully, I'll get the other fabrics this week. Christmas will be here before you know it!
Have a good holiday.....

No comments: