Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Another finished quilt. This is it before I put it on the machine. It's an issue quilt.


Here it is finished. I used the Circle Lord Fan template to quilt it. This design helps ease in all the fullness.


A view of the back to see the design better.


I finally got through to my insurance company about my food loss. Apparently Kentucky Farm Bureau pays only a small percentage of loss to people who live in the west end. What the area has to do with it doesn't make any sense to me. Especially since I've had the same insurance for 25 years and never filed a claim before. That's a lot of money paid and getting nothing in return when I need it.

I decided to cancel the claim since they won't pay me much anyway. I'm going to find a new insurance company and don't want a pending claim to keep me from changing carriers. I've been unhappy with Kentucky Farm Bureau for quite some time; so now is a good time for making a change.

Will they be unhappy about me going to another company? Not hardly. It's an "I don't care" world. Not like in the old days when companies actually cared whether they lost a customer or not. Customer satisfaction has become a thing of the past. I'm sticking with the old ways for my own business. I want my customers happy.

Some people get all the breaks and some.... like me.... who works and actually tries to be a responsible person..... don't get any breaks.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. A one thousand dollar water bill. No, it's not mine, it's my neighbor's. He knew I took a picture of it for my blog. This is a two month bill.



The man works only long enough to draw unemployment then lives off it until it runs out then repeats the process. You know the type? His days are filled with watching tv and drinking. He gets people to do things for him... because they feel sorry for him. I don't! Actually, he's in the process of applying for SS disability at the ripe old age of 40 so he doesn't have to work anymore. He will probably get it.

This water bill was just plain laziness on his part. He knew he had a bad washer in his bathroom sink. The water ran all the time. But he wouldn't take the time to simply turn off the water supply under the sink even though several people told him to turn it off. I guess he was waiting for someone to go to his house and turn the knob for him.

Well, apparently he already has a social service agency going to pay his bill for him and fix the leaky faucet...... because he's unemployed and they feel sorry for him.

For years, I've seen him do things like this all the time. Social service places help him time after time. He gets his utilities paid. He gets food. He gets work done on his house. People cut his grass. He uses other people's phone. He gets free bus tickets. He doesn't pay his house taxes. He even has people who will clean his house for him. In other words..... he is the luckiest person I've ever seen. He gets all the breaks while a person.... like me.... can't catch a break at all.

I've started letting him pick my lottery numbers..... (smile)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW the people like our neighbor. I used to work for a "social agency". we call those folk "users and abusers". They are NOT lucky.. they are LOOSERS. And you need to remember. IT ALL comes out in the Wash. "one day" they will "get theirs". and YOU will get what YOU truly deserve. when? not a clue.

Hang in there. and YES change insurance companies. But YOU continue to do what YOU KNOW is "right and good".

kathi

Anonymous said...

Try State Farm Insurance. We switched from Ky Farm and it was a lot cheaper. We been with SF for about 8 years and have been happy with it. Not sure if they cover food loss either, but I agree the area of loss doesn't matter!

Anonymous said...

Try State Farm Insurance. We switched from Ky Farm and it was a lot cheaper. We been with SF for about 8 years and have been happy with it. Not sure if they cover food loss either, but I agree the area of loss doesn't matter!