Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I was in a thrifty cook mode yesterday and in speed overdrive trying to finish that quilt. So very early in the morning I put some bean soup in the crock pot, made a skillet of cornbread, and made a peach cobbler. That's a small 1 quart pot. Just right for a single person.




I didn't think of it at the time; but, I should have used the larger crock pot and put half of it in the freezer. I gotta start thinking better! Half the cornbread is put into the freezer to be used for dressing at another time.


Half the cobbler will be given to a neighbor.



I'm still working on the same quilt. I'm down to the last couple of rows. I tried to finish it but at about 8:30 last night I finally had to say I'd done all I could for the day. It is due today and I will finish it on time. I'll post pictures of it tomorrow.

No comments: