Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Batik fabric quilt

Here is the quilt I've been working on for the last couple of days. This is the left side.


This is the right side.


And a couple of close ups of the stitching.


The blocks got line dancing.


There is more close ups of the blocks in my webshots. I did combinations of line dancing with some additional designs in some areas.

The blog ring's list has finally reappeared for me to use when checking on friends around the ring. I've got several quilt deadlines for the next few days so I'm not sure when I will get to read blogs. I even had to put the horse quilts, organizing, and room painting on hold until I get the deadline quilts finished. Gee, it's happened to me again..... deadlines slipped right up on me before I knew it.

No matter what deadlines I'm currently working on there are some things constantly on my mind. One is future classes at the quilt shop about machine quilting and the other is my helpful hints blog. Both fill a need for me. A need to pass along the things I've learned over the long years of my professional machine quilting career. When I don't do either posting to the hints blog or make notes about classes..... I feel like something is missing.

But.... I'm only one person.... I can only do one thing at a time. I have to admit to myself.... I'm not really super woman. A fix all quilt fairy, maybe.... but not super woman. So.... while I work to fill deadlines my mind is in constant planning mode. With that said.... I'll go finish posting pictures in webshots.

No comments: